Damaged and broken teeth can be very painful, and although we try to keep our teeth for as long as possible, in some cases root canal treatment or fillings may not help with damaged and infected teeth. Under such circumstances, tooth extraction may be the best option. Tooth extraction can help elimate pain and could also prevent other teeth from getting infected. If you think you may need an extraction, or for more information and to book an appointment, get in touch with our team of experts now. We are here to help you with all your dental needs.
Reasons to consider tooth extraction:
- If you have an extra tooth that is blocking another tooth from coming out.
- If you have baby teeth that are preventing the adult tooth from coming out
- If you are planning to get braces and you do not have enough space in your mouth to align your teeth
- If your tooth is infected and other treatment such as a root canal cannot fix it
- Wisdom teeth are present and causing discomfort
Extractions at our office are always done under local anesthesia, and our dentists will make sure there is excellent anesthesia in place prior to proceeding with treatment. We will check in with you as the appointment progresses and walk you through the procedure so you know what will be happening.
Please note that is best to plan your surgery ahead of time, since after treatment it may be difficult to eat normal food and some adjustments to your routine may be required. If there are any questions, our dentists are always available to answer your concerns or to check and make sure things are going well.