Take care of your teeth the right way. Get in touch with Town Smiles Dental for tips on dental hygiene. Read on for more details.
Always keep a bright smile
A bright and white smile doesn’t only enhance your confidence, having a healthy smile also plays an important role in your overall health. That is why it is very important to take care of your teeth every day. But how do you take care of them? Is regular brushing enough? Is there a proper technique for brushing? Below are some tips that can help you maintain your oral health and hygiene. Keep reading to find out.
A few tips to enhance your oral health
- Brush everyday: We have been taught since childhood to brush at least twice every day. Plaque builds up overnight when you sleep and also throughout the day as you eat, and that is why it is important to brush twice, once in the morning and once at night. Also, make sure that you use a toothbrush with soft bristles so there is no damage to your gums and teeth. Ensure the brushes have small bristles so the tips can reach every part of your mouth.
- Floss daily: When you eat, bits of food might get stuck in between your teeth. If these pieces are not removed, they could damage your teeth and possibly result in a more yellow smile or cavities. Floss at least once a day to decrease the likelihood of such problems.
- Select the right toothpaste: Using a fluoridated toothpaste can do wonders for your oral health. Fluoride strengthens tooth enamel and reduces the chance of tooth decay.
- No more sugary and acidic drink: If you really care for your teeth, you should limit your intake of sugary and acidic drinks. They can dissolve the enamel of your teeth, resulting in loss of strength and increased risk of tooth decay.
- Eat a fruit: Remember that old saying, “An apple a day keeps the dentist away”? Well it’s not entirely true, but eating healthy does have a positive impact on dental health. Some foods such as cheese contain proteins that can help strengthen your teeth, so it’s a good idea to limit the amount of processed foods and eat a more healthy, natural diet.
- Regular dental visits: Visit your dentist regularly so she can perform a complete check up to see if everything is in good condition. The dentist will take a look at the gums and teeth to make sure your oral health is well maintained.
These are some basic tips for good dental health. If you have any queries, give us a call. Town Smiles Dental is based at Yonge and Eglinton, and we serve a wide area across midtown Toronto.